Thursday, May 10, 2012

Truly Scrumptious... A song for Maida Grace



(Be sure to pause the music on my playlist at the bottom of the page before playing the youtube video;)

Yesterday we watched  video footage of the orphanage Maida Grace is in. We only are able to see a tiny glimpse of her, as she is behind many other children. But as I watched it over and over again all I could think  was, " Truly Scrumptious". A song from the movie Chitty Chitty Bang Bang that Bella and I watched recently. These words are my favorite and I think of the day we will be able to scoop Maida up and her sisters and I sing it to her. Ohh I can't wait!

"Toot sweets sound like what they are
So do lollys in a lollypop jar
Gingerbread men have a gingerbread sound, we've found
Sugar plum cinnamon and lemon tart
tell you what they are right from the start
And your name does the same for you
By coincidence, Truly Scrumptious
You're truly truly scrumptious
Scrumptious as a cherry peach parfait
When you're near us
It's so delicious
Honest Truly, you're the answer to our wishes
Truly Scrumptious
Though we may seem presumptuous
Never, never, ever go away
Our hearts beat so unruly
Because we love you truly
Honest Truly, we do"

No comments:

Post a Comment