Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Family Builder

I've dubbed where we are in the process as the "pregnancy stage"; waiting for delivery day.

Ironically I did much better with delivery days rather than the pregnancy stage with all six of my biological kids. I think it's going to be the same with my new daughter:/

As a mom of many it is easy to see the correlation between the two different ways of bringing your child home:

First there is deciding whether or not to concieve;

Then deciding when;

Planning on and expecting an easy and timely conception; An easy and timely pregnancy, And a delivery day that can't come soon enough with no hiccups or uncomfortable speed bumps!

If your anything like our family, there are your plans; and then there are God's:)

We had decided we would "conceive" in adopting and WHEN we would.
 We had  mapped it out like lots of families do when growing their family. But then God stepped in like He so often does and revealed a different timeline...His.

We are learning, slowly, that He is the family builder and not us.

We are also learning, slowly, His ways are so much better than our own. His timing is perfect, ours is not.
We try to plan when, how many, what gender, and who and what our children should be when they grow up. You'd think after six children I would have this "let go and trust God" thing down in having and building family. Not really.

I think by God showing up and out doing us in managing our life it makes us more in awe of who He is and how small we are. And it builds our faith while at the same time growing our families.
In every facet of family life He has His purpose and will. Our job is to just submit to that and leave the results up to The One who knows us best and loves us most.

Sometimes that is easier said then done. Trust me I know.

  We have so much to be grateful for in each stage of every one of our children's lives/stories. We can already see how everything thus far has been what was best for us as a family.

 If we did not have the delays we've had in this adoption, we would not of had this home we just purchased, which was waaaayyy better than the one had thought we wanted.

  We would not of had the social worker who did our home study, or the placing agency we are working with, OR the child we have been matched with!

Please remind me of all this while I am waiting on this slow and trying process of bringing home Maida.

The hard part is when I was pregnant with my bio kids they were with me. I could be with them and feel some control in their well being. With this child, Im keenly aware that God is the ONLY one who is keeping her, and not me, myself,or I.

I am being very tested in my faith and confidence in the builder of families; but I know it is what is needed and in the end, not only will I have a new daughter, but I will also have a stronger faith.


Except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it:... Psalms 127: 1a

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment