Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Great News!

When things look their bleakest God shines His brightest doesn't He?!


I was so discouraged Friday with "our" fundraising. (See the problem???)  Last week I started thinking about my desire to have faith like George Mueller. A desire I have verbalized more than once:/

Your wondering well whats the problem? The problem is George Mueller was greatly tested in his faith. Thats how his faith grew.
How naive it was of me to think I wanted to be like him, without thinking of the process of getting there.

Once I recognized what it was I wanted, and what it may cost to get there, I seriously thought about taking back my words.

I saw the dots being connected with what I wanted and how things were going in this adoption and the fundraising for it. You don't throw things like that out at God without Him taking full opportunity to do just that.
So I started to get a little scared last week. The ramifications of wanting something that would cause me to be tested in unknown ways began to concern me just a little;)


As things began to look hopeless last week in getting over one of the many financial hurtles that is involved in adopting, I realized I have been under the impression our great ideas for fundraising and the hearts of others would be the provider for this adoption. WRONG. God is the provider. He is JEHOVAH JIREH, my provider, the provider of my family, the provider for Maida. We work, we strive to do all we can with our physical bodies to be obedient to the call of caring for the orphans, the caring of our family;to be living sacrifices. But God is the provider. His provision, and His answers, are blessings to our obedience.
My thinking was wrong. (nothing new). And as I began to see I can do nothing but do all I can to obey God in loving others, in caring for my neighbors, in helping in the plight of the widow and orphans and then TRUST HIM to provide... HE DID!

On Saturday, a family came to us and told us if we can raise $3,000.00 they will donate another $3,000.00 which will almost pay for our next payment that is due with our adoption agency!

Someone asked me, "Do you think you can raise the other three thousand by the time your payment is due"? My reply was,
No I can't, but God can. He can raise it in a day. He just did:)


Beth







No comments:

Post a Comment