Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Life Before Adoption

I sent off our I600A application off this week. Wow was I a nervous wreck! I went over it and over it, knowing any mistakes will cause a delay in the process.

So off to the post office I went, waiting till the last minute to seal the packet. As I stood in line (the only time I have been grateful for a long line!), I checked each section of the paper work for the hundredth time as I slowly made my way to the counter.
I glanced over to Tia who was with me and asked pensively should I seal it???? EEEKS... she of course rolled her eyes and said YES!

So off it went. But even though the packet is mailed, I'm still thinking about it!
After waking up the next morning and getting ready for my day I had this sudden panic attack; I don't remember signing it!" 
I know my husband signed it. He signed it twice. We did a practice application and then the real thing. I could only remember signing the practice one! So I have gone back in forth in my mind wondering if I even signed the thing! UUUGGGHHH.
My husband and daughters keep reassuring me I probably did, since I went over it a gazillion times. But even if I didn't, whats the worst thing that can happen? TIME is wasted! Time is a precious thing for a waiting mama who has a daughter thousands of miles away without a family.

 This is the second biggest step next to the homestudy on this continent in international adoption. The rest of the paper process will mostly be done in Congo now.
 So now I wait. Wait and Wait and Wait. Wait to see if I did it right, wait to see if our goverment is going to approve us to bring an orphan home with us from another continent. Our agency says it's just a formality, and not to sweat it. But thats what I do!

After my husband and I went to bed last night and I kept tossing and turning. I finally got up to go downstairs. My four oldest girls were still up, preparing something like Moose Munch with out the sugar:) at 11:00 at night? Any Harry and David patrons out there will know what Moose Munch is.

I plopped down on the family room couch and asked the girls, " so what did I do before adoption?" they laughed and said they couldnt remember.
I mean I must of read blogs that weren't related to adoption right? Read books other than books on attatchment and adopting kids from hard places?

So now that most of my paper work is done, and I can't do anything but wait to hear back from USCIS, it's time to get back to day to day life... I just can't remember what that is!

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment