Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Some Truths About Fundraising:

 
 
 ...There is no room for pride...

... You're doing what you're doing because you love your child and you are his/her greatest advocate...

... ...You need to remind yourself (and others!) money isn't the goal, your child's well being is...

...When others make you feel bad, don't...

If you can't dodge those feelings take them and decide you will bear what ever you must for his/her sake. That's what mothers and fathers do.

I was a single mom of five for over ten years. I never did anything illegal or immoral but there was many times when my face wanted to burn with shame and embarrassment as I walked door to door asking to wash cars, or go through construction sites picking up bottles and cans to have enough extra for food or rent. I did what I had to do because I loved my kids. Not providing for them or meeting their needs was not an option.

Most of you who are reading this have already adopted or in the process of adopting and you know rich people are not the norm when it comes down to who adopts. It's folks with heart, compassion, conviction and a whole lot of faith!
Money is the least of their possessions.


I have loved two children who had no home, no parents to keep them safe, fed, or loved. Gods grace gave me the fortitude, to do what ever was necessary to bring one child home. And I'm trusting He will do it this time too.
Don't be ashamed of loving your child.
Be willing for their sake to bear scrutiny, criticism, and hurt feelings to end their hunger, their loneliness, their fear.

Remember, fundraising isn't about the money. It's about your child.

P.S
After I wrote this I got an email with this link... It was so good I thought about not posting about fundraising and just share the link... But then I saw the connection...


"rescue and a ransom" that's adoption...

 

 
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment