Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Journey to Home... Not the End, Just the Beginning...


Since we were in country for two weeks we had lots of opportunity to spend time at the orphanage Maida was from. My daughter Gabby was allowed to tag along with Mama J almost everytime she went to tend to the children and staff at the orphanage. It was an amaznig opportunity for a young girl of seventeen who has the hopes of one day ministering in Northern China to the North Korean orphans who are stateless children there.

She loved the kids, and they loved her. She studied and learned a great deal of Lingala before we left and picked up a great deal more while in country.  Her time with Mama J was very special to her and she hopes to do it again.
Those days were priceless for the both of us. Stronger than just mother daughter bonds we share a deep love for our Creator and the orphans he has intrusted us believers to care for. As a little girl I had dreams of traveling to Africa to spend time loving on the least of these. I had the same dream for China. My daughter Gabriella was able to walk along with me in my journey to Africa. A dream realized.  And I know one day, I will walk alongside her as she  realizes her own dream that God gave her of loving the least of these in Northern China.  That my friends is a sweetness no hallmark card could ever convey.

Gods plans are always bigger than our own, and He begins the process long before we ever know it or ever have any say or way to foil it:) Thank goodness for that!



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I am so happy to tell you while we were in Congo the Lord gave us a heart for another daughter. I know I still haven't covered all there is to cover about the journey to Congo for Maida, but I can't keep it in anymore. While we were there we fell in love with a girl whose spirit captured our hearts and we are going back for her. So now you know what has kept me from my blog. While we have been busy with bonding with Maida, we are also preparing for...
 
 
 


Follow us as we continue to share not only our yesterdays in the DRC, but also our tomorrows.

The Lyles Family
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment