Saturday, July 14, 2012

I Needed To Be Reminded...

It's not about me.

 The waves of longing have been washing over me for the past couple of weeks and dragging me further and further out into an emotional sea. The only way I wanted to get back to shore was on my terms. Terms of Assurance. Assurance that I would have what I wanted.
Tired of treading water, I looked and saw that worn out life preserver called Love within my reach; I grabbed hold and He pulled me in. Again.

 It only took one look into those gentle eyes to be reminded... It's not about me. And then I was free. Free to take one day at a time. Free to take what each day brings in this difficult process.
My life nor Maida's is for me. Not for my consumption or fulfillment. But for His.
As I rested my weary head against His heart I knew Maida belongs to Him. Her life is His.

Lord I trust you. With her life. With mine. With my family's. You are the giver of good gifts. I wait on you and you alone...

Beth




1 comment: