Monday, June 4, 2012

Victory in the Eleventh Hour!

We have,  God has raised our three thousand to match our donors three thousand!

God has provided abundantly for us this past week through donated items, and monetary contributions. Let me share a little bit in how God moved in the last hours;

The beginning part of last week was a trial for me. I had been waiting and hoping for new pictures of Maida, and feeling a little concerned over the financial mountain that was in front of  us.
 God's love and graciousness towards me and my family began to pour forth Thursday night beginning with a message from a family who had recently traveled to the DRC to pick up their daughter who was in the same orphange our daughter is in.
 In that email was a photo of Maida:)... The world was all right for me in that moment, and the heaviness was replaced with hope and optimism as I looked at her sweet little face.

Just a little later that evening we were blessed with an unexpected large financial contribution by a family who loves God, and loves our family. We were and are being so humbled by how God is showing His power and love for us and Maida through this adoption.

Friday we were busy in the morning with our yard sale, but by afternoon it had slowed way down. I was surprised and dissapointed over our sales for that day. My heart was so set in paying off the payment this week that needs to be paid, and I couldn't see how that would happen if our yard sale did not pick up. But God does things His way doesnt he?
Just a short while later one of my daughters who wasn't at home, sent me an excited text telling me to check paypal. There was another large contribution! HOPE! Saturday we were very busy and sold lots. Again, by afternoon it slowed way down. We were only $300 from matching our grant. I thought theres no way we're going to sell three hundred dollars worth of stuff at this time of day.
Even though we weren't all the way to where we needed to be, we were close, so I  thought we would have to sell some candy bars and necklaces the following week but hey we are close!

Within minutes of ME trying to figure out how to raise the rest of the money, our mailman drove up and dropped off our mail. We had a check from an anonymous donor for $250.00. I can't tell you how insignificant I felt and how big God seemed in that moment.
Right after that we got one last surge of yard sale shoppers. At the end of the day when we counted our money, we had $3,020! Over! We were so excited but so in awe at the same time.
And to finish off a blessed weekend, we were able to fellowship and eat in abundance with our church family who also gave towards the adoption. We will be able to send off the payment that is due this week and also move our fundraiser thermometer up! Be sure to see where we are at!
 I am so grateful. My family is so grateful <3

Beth

2 comments:

  1. Praise God for all that HE has done, Beth! This is so encouraging to me! He is so faithful, so powerful, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes He is Janet. His love and power have been so evident not just in our adoption of Maida but all of our lives.

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete