Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Digging In and Getting Serious

Everyday we are closer to bringing home a little girl from the Democratic Republic of Congo! Not just any girl mind you... our girl:)

Our family and friends are feeling the excitement and we are all working together very hard to raise the remaining funds to bring this precious little gem home.

(Maida eating rice and cassava leaves)




We are out almost daily selling candy bars and promoting the next Music Benefit Concert which is coming up this Saturday at Our Saviours Lutheran Church in Palm Springs, Ca

We need your help! Please share our story and our need with your friends, family, co-workers and church. At this point not a day can be wasted! We are running out of time. We must have the final funds sent to our agency and the money to book our flights for when that call comes.

Our goal this week is to sell 20 boxes of Helen Grace candy bars by Friday! A box is $96.
There are 48 in a box and each box contains a variety of flavors. If you would like to help but can't afford to buy a whole box, ask some friends to go in with you and you can divvy them up, give them away or use them for all the harvest festivals that will be coming up.

All you have to do is contact me and say YES! I want to help you bring home Maida! Send me a box!
Payments can be made with just a click on the paypal button on the top right hand corner of this blog. Email me how many boxes you want, your address and phone number and make the payment here on my blog! Easy Peesey Right??

My email is: lullabiesacrossthesea@yahoo.com

I need 20 people, businesses or churches to send me an email saying YES! by Friday night at midnight. Will you be one of those people?


 
Beth


3 comments:

  1. Beth, I wanted to thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. Your girls are all so beautiful. What fun you must have with a house full of them! When do you think you will be traveling? I hope soon. Your daughter is going to be a very happy and loved girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie,

    Thanks for stopping by:)
    We are hoping to travel next month. And yes, a houseful of girls is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my name is Brittany and my family as also adopting from the DRC and we are also hoping to travel next month. We are adopting a three year old boy and a 4 month old girl. What agency are you useing, it might be the same as ours.

    Blessings,
    Brittany
    http://brittanysworld-adopt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete